By Bryan Dearsley
Situated on one of the most prestigious lakes in the Haliburton Highlands, this elegant and fully-modernized Kennisis Lake cottage for sale is a great choice for those seeking luxury real estate in Ontario.
Set on a lovely treed lot that covers an area of over half an acre, this newly renovated 1,435 sq ft waterfront home consists of three good sized bedrooms and two bathrooms, as well as plenty of living space in which to stretch out in.
Interior highlights of this well-priced $1.15m cottage include an elegant custom-built kitchen featuring high-end granite countertops and a large island with cooking hob and stool seating. State-of-the-art appliances are built into the custom cabinets, and the grey-tiled backsplash is an attractive touch.
Adjoining the kitchen is a sizable dining area and ample living space for friends and family to relax in and socialize. While the pine walls and ceilings already conjure up an authentic cottage country feel, this effect is heightened by the inclusion of an attractive high-efficiency woodburning stone fireplace. An added benefit of this feature, of course, is that the inset fireplace can also be used as a source of heat for the cottage, enhancing its already energy efficient heating system.
Kennisis Lake Cottage for Sale Offers Year-round Fun
The seating area with its cathedral ceiling is also very bright, with excellent lake views afforded through its large windows. Also worth mentioning is the lovely four-season sunroom, which can effortlessly be turned into a screened porch area in warmer weather thanks to its easily removable windows.
The bedrooms also feature warm wood finishes, with the master bedroom located on the upper level, ensuring plenty of privacy come bedtime. Accessed by its own staircase, this large space features a huge en-suite bathroom with a large soaker tub offering (private!) window views. Also worth mentioning are the room’s huge windows which offer incredible south-facing views over Lake Kennisis.
The exterior of this charming wood-clad luxury Lake Kennisis cottage for sale is also conducive to family fun and memories. The gentle slope down to the lake makes water access easy for all ages, while the smooth rock shoreline ensures water-based activities can be accessed and enjoyed by everyone in the family.
Also worth mentioning for boaters is the large floating aluminum docking system, plus handy access to boat launches and Kennisis Lake Marina. Swimmers and sunbathers are also catered to, and can spend time relaxing on the property’s large waterside deck.
All-season Cottage Has Room For Everyone
Need a little more space to house guests? The property’s four-season Bunkie can easily accommodate three guests with its double bed and bunkbed.
Other notable highlights of this immaculately modernized Haliburton cottage for sale include the following:
- 107 ft of waterfront
- Spacious double car garage
- High speed Internet and cellphone services
- Sought-after southern exposure
- Quiet cul de sac setting with limited road and water traffic ensuring a very private, peaceful cottage environment
- Efficient septic sewage system
- Efficient heating system consisting of forced air propane (plus the already-mentioned wood fireplace)
- Handy main floor laundry
- State-of-the-art security system and smoke detector
- Solar tubes have also been added, which filter additional light into the cottage’s living spaces
- Address – 6593 Kennisis Lake Road, Haliburton Ontario
- Lake – Kennisis Lake
- Luxury Level – Fully Modernized Waterfront Luxury
- Price – $$1,150,000
- Haliburton County Property for Sale By... Linda Baumgartner, Broker of Record of RE/MAX North Country Baumgartner Realty, and Team Leader of The Haliburton Real Estate Team
- Online Listing – Click here for further details and more photos of this Kennisis Lake cottage for sale.
To learn more about this luxury Kennisis Lake cottage for sale, as well as other homes for sale in Haliburton Ontario, visit www.haliburtonrealestate.on.ca.
Bryan Dearsley is Editor-in-chief of LuxuryHaliburton. You can email him at email@example.com.